Why Train With Us?
Our Program Offers:
- Highly experienced and diversified faculty who round with all residents, mid-levels and associated departments on a daily basis.
- Friday protected time for didactics, lab-based training and research.
- A broad neurosurgical hands-on exposure.
- Operating room experience beginning in PGY-1 year.
- Busy endovascular service with highly trained faculty provides training in all interventional protocols including acute stroke..
- Our main site: University of New Mexico Hospital is New Mexico’s only Level I trauma facility. Typical resident sees twice as many trauma cases as the national average.
- Neurocritical care team members are part of the department and provide basic support for Society of Neurological Surgeons-accredited enfolded critical care fellowship.
- Support from a highly qualified team of researchers, with clinical and laboratory nurses and coordinators who assist in creating protocols and IRB applications as well as obtaining grant funding.
- An experienced coordinator and administrative support team dedicated to helping you meet all Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements in order to graduate.
- Albuquerque’s scenic surroundings, affordable housing and cost of living. Plenty of outdoor activities and more than 300 days of sunshine a year
- Opportunity to complete enfolded specialty fellowships during your residency.