How to Apply
The Neurosurgery Residency Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program. One or two candidates are chosen each year. Academic records, United States Medical Licensing Examination scores, publications, letters of recommendation and personal statements will be used to choose which candidates to interview. Applicants are expected to have a strong academic record and interest in Neurosurgery.
- Register with the National Resident Matching Program. All of our first-year residency positions are filled through the Match.
- Register with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All applications must be submitted through ERAS.
A completed application is required in order to be reviewed. The following items must be included in your ERAS application:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty member with whom you have worked with in the last five years
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE Step 1/Complex 1 – Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certificate (if applicable)
For more information please contact our residency coordinator.