William Evan Rivers, DO
Phone: (505) 272-3401
Rivers completed residency training in physical medicine and rehabilitation and fellowship training in pain medicine. He also did a pre-doctoral fellowship in osteopathic principles and practices, and trained in medical acupuncture through the Helms Institute. He is trained to treat muscle, joint and nerve pain all over the body, with a particular interest in spine pain.
Since joining the department in 2012 he has worked with surgeons, physical therapists, psychologists and other physicians to deliver the highest-quality spine care. He also works closely with the spine surgeons in the Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation and the clinicians in the Pain Consultation and Treatment Center to provide integrated spine care across services. He coordinates a bi-weekly Spine Conference that is attended by external physicians, surgeons and chiropractors, as well as UNM physicians.
- Clinical outcomes for the treatment of spine pain
- Endoscopic approaches for spine pain
- Movement strategies and spine pain
- Rehabilitation strategies for recovery from profound pain
- Neuromodulation as a treatment for chronic pain
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Spine Pain (Comprehensive Management)
- American Pain Society
- Midwest Pain Society
- American Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- International Spine Intervention Society
- International Intradiscal and Transforaminal Therapy Society