Peter C. Shin, MD
Director, Anthony T. Yeung Endoscopic Spine Center, UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Phone: (505) 272-3401
Shin brings a wide breadth of experience and skills in movement disorders, epilepsy surgery, gamma knife and minimally invasive and complex spine surgeries. He practices at UNM Hospital and UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center, where he offers the very latest in spine surgery using endoscopic and laser techniques.
He has a MS in electrical engineering and earned his MD at the Northeast Ohio Universities College of Medicine. He completed his neurosurgery residency at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago. Shin completed an executive MBA at the University of Washington Foster School of Business in Seattle in 2010.
Innovations in endoscopic spine surgeries and bringing minimally invasive treatment options for epilepsy surgery.
- Degenerative and Traumatic Spine
- Minimally Invasive (Endoscopic) Spine
- Movement Disorders Including Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
- Radiosurgery (Gamma Knife)
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Western Neurosurgical Society