Jeff W. Hill, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
Affiliated Faculty, Department of Molecular Genetics & Microbiology
Phone: (505) 272-5987
Hill, who earned a Bachelor of Science in microbiology at Texas A&M University, received his doctorate in biochemistry and genetics from the University of Texas Medical Branch. He was a fellow with the National Institute on Aging at the National Institutes of Health, where he received an award for research excellence.
As a faculty member at UNM, Hill has published studies on stroke, drug repurposing, surgical techniques and neuroinflammation. In addition, he has filed multiple patent applications for novel therapeutics for neurological disorders.
Practice and Research Pages
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology member
- American Association for Cancer Research member
- NIH DNA Repair Interest Group member
- American Heart Association member
- Society of Neuroscience member